Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I am currently taking part in a Spring 2013 Internship with the Worcester Sharks at the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts. The Sharks are a professional hockey team in the American Hockey League (AHL) and are an affiliate of the San Jose Sharks, who play in the National Hockey League (NHL). Their first home game in Worcester was in 2006, and since then their fan base has been on a steady incline.
Interns are important to the Worcester Sharks organization. The interns help the organization, while the organization helps the interns. During my time with the Sharks, I will be responsible for performing many various duties in te office as well as on game days. In return I will attain my ultimate goal for the internship, which is getting a first hand experience of how a sport team is run.
I hope to learn more about all of the little things that go into a sport organization that I did not know before.
I am really looking forward to working in the office, to learn what kinds of tasks need to be performed outside of the team to have a successful organization.
I am excited to learn about how all of the game day operations are run and what the required duties are for that.
I really hope to contribute in any way possible my education in Business Communications and Sport Management to the Worcester Sharks perform at a high level during my Spring 2013 internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment