Thursday, May 2, 2013

The End: 4/14/13 - 4/20/13

The only thing on the agenda for my last week with the Sharks was just one game on Wednesday against Springfield. It is Worcester Sharks tradition to not hold office hours the day before or after the game. I was not complaining. Everyone was tired and could not wait for this final game. Luckily for me, I was able to hang out with Finz as I was put on Finz Handler. Being a Wednesday, it usually is not that busy, but it is the last home game of the season, so we were doing a lot of Fan Appreciation promotions. We had to follow the regular itinerary with promotions and birthday visits, as well as special promotions and special visits. We delivered flowers to a season ticket holder battling cancer, and helped a man propose to his wife
in the second period. It was a long, eventful, but fun night and a perfect way to end it.

Looking back on the internship, all the office hours, game days, lessons learned, projects and overall experience, I am very satisfied. I wanted a position that would allow me to utilize my education and desire to be in business communications and sport management. The sport industry is a unique field to work in, and definitely requires experience in order to land a job in it. Now that I have worked for a professional team, my career objective to work for a professional sport team has not changed, and has only grown bigger. I am very thankful for the opportunity the Worcester Sharks and all of the front office staff have given me, and I look forward to staying in touch with them and using them as a reference in my search for another job after graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment